Thu, 15 Feb|
Younger Teenagers - Level 2 - @ St Albans (1)
We play a version of basketball where the importance of space, time, and timing is turned up. For those Wow moments.
Time & Location
15 Feb 2024, 17:00 – 18:30
Loreto College, AL1 3RQ
About the event
By separating out the coaching of space, time, and timing skills from the coaching of technical, speed, and strength skills. Players can - no matter their level of technical, speed, and strength skills access to the biggest benefit of playing sport - the sharing of Wow moments.
This is a level 2 session
- Level 3 is 25% technical, speed, and strength. 75% space, time, and timing.
- Level 2 is 33% - 66%
- Level 1 is 50% - 50% - most competitive
5 to 6.30pm. Loreto College, St Albans, Hatfield Road, St Albans Hertfordshire AL1 3RQ - The entrance is on Upper Lattimore Road. The school postcode takes you their main entrance. This is a link on google maps https://maps.app.goo.gl/zVgfyxTZY9u5o5Jo7
No trials, No squads, No Ego's.
Younger teenagers. Mixed. All ability.
There is a big "ish" with age. 11 is ok, if it works for the player.
The easiest way to pay us using the app which you can get by going to your phone's app store, search for wix.com app called Spaces. Download. And then enter this code QTKFDS
Don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We have free tickets. Contact jon.thorne@LifeSkills21.club you don't need to explain - He will just give you the code.
What players and parents think
- We went to the most amazing basketball session in Hemel at Longdean school. My son is autistic and has ADHD he struggles to follow instruction and is extremely demand avoidant. This session took all the barriers away for my son and he had the most amazing time, his words “I loved it”. Well worth checking out
- A young players - "I like Jon’s sessions because instead of telling us what to do we all just work it out ourselves"
- A parent - "It’s refreshing to see someone run a sports session with a focus on kindness and flexibility instead of adherence to set patterns based on traditional ways of learning. We have always been made to feel welcome and encouraged to participate and my children gain confidence by being part of something that requires teamwork. As an observer, I enjoy seeing the players thinking about not just themselves but the whole team. It’s not about just playing ball, it’s about creative thinking, consideration of others and teamwork"
- Ticket type
Pay it forward
This is a pay-it-forward ticket. It's buying a ticket for someone else. It helps us to keep the sessions open for those being hit hard by today's mad world. Thank you. Big hug.Price£7.50
- Ticket type
Lets play ball
We are a social enterprise. We use all profits to give those who are excluded or vulnerable to social exclusion a free experience of playing sports and games where everyone set's each other up to succeed. Where everyone constantly imagines other ways. Where everyone uses mistakes to find what is next and grow. Experiences to build a belief that they are not stuck as they are now. Thank you. Contact jon.thorne@LifeSkills21.club to get a free ticketsPrice£7.50
- Ticket type
Pay what you want
Please, don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We are a social enterprise. Or, pay more as a donation.PricePay what you want