Thu, 06 Jul|
Loreto College, St Albans
Younger Teenager - All ability - Mixed - Loreto (9)
Playing basketball to grow the 3rd skill for all-round excellence.
Time & Location
06 Jul 2023, 17:00 – 18:05
Loreto College, St Albans, Hatfield Road, St Albans Hertfordshire AL1 3RQ
About the event
Games Coaching encourages players to not use superior technical and athletic skills and play to grow the 3rd skill. To play to connect our thinking and our movement to co-create something - we can't yet see - from the space between us. When players have the 3rd skill they know they can find a way - even if - especially if - they can’t yet see it. We unearth our inner Steph Curry.
Players make their own micro decision without knowing what will happen. Then switch to their mind's eye to a helicopter view - to see how their micro decisions impacted the space between everyone. And then make another micro decision. And so on. Micro decisions ripple across the team as everyone connects their thinking and their movement to co-create something - we can’t yet - from the space between us. It’s a calming, slowing, feeling of meaningful connection as an effortless, flowing, rhythmic, pattern emerges where we achieve something we can't yet see.
- Our Games Coaches all belong to their governing body called GamesCoaching.ORG
- No trials, No squads, No Ego's. Players are not allowed to constantly impose any superiority they have in the first two skills. We play to learn the 3rd skill.
- Younger teenagers. Mixed. All ability.
- 6 to 7pm. Loreto College (St Albans), AL1 3RQ
- There is a big "ish" with age. 11 is ok, if it works for the player.
- The easiest way to pay us using the app which you can get by going to your phone's app store, search for wix.com app called Spaces. Download. And then enter this code QTKFDS
- Don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We have free tickets. Contact jon.thorne@LifeSkills21.club you don't need to explain - He will just give you the code.
What players and parents think
- We went to the most amazing basketball session in Hemel at Longdean school. My son is autistic and has ADHD he struggles to follow instruction and is extremely demand avoidant. This session took all the barriers away for my son and he had the most amazing time, his words “I loved it”. Well worth checking out
- A young players - "I like Jon’s sessions because instead of telling us what to do we all just work it out ourselves"
- A parent - "It’s refreshing to see someone run a sports session with a focus on kindness and flexibility instead of adherence to set patterns based on traditional ways of learning. We have always been made to feel welcome and encouraged to participate and my children gain confidence by being part of something that requires teamwork. As an observer, I enjoy seeing the players thinking about not just themselves but the whole team. It’s not about just playing ball, it’s about creative thinking, consideration of others and teamwork"
Lets play ball
We are a social enterprise. We use all profits to give those who are excluded or vulnerable to social exclusion a free experience of playing sports and games where everyone set's each other up to succeed. Where everyone constantly imagines other ways. Where everyone uses mistakes to find what is next and grow. Experiences to build a belief that they are not stuck as they are now. Thank you. Contact jon.thorne@LifeSkills21.club to get a free ticket£7.50
Pay what you want
Please, don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We are a social enterprise. Or, pay more as a donation.Pay what you want