Thu, 14 Sept|
Loreto College, St Albans
Younger Teenager - All ability - Mixed - Loreto (10)
Playing basketball to grow the 3rd skill for all-round excellence.
Time & Location
14 Sept 2023, 17:00 – 18:05
Loreto College, St Albans, Hatfield Road, St Albans Hertfordshire AL1 3RQ
About the event
We play basketball to heighten our spatial awareness and timing. To play with the magic of space and time. Players improve their ability to move through the space between each other - to be in the right place at the right time to open space elsewhere. And positively influence the flow of what happens next - as uncertain and unknown events unfold. We share a dance of movement. A chess match to see who can be in the right place at the right time to get past each other. Without losing the discipline to execute high standards - players are more unpredictable, creative, ingenious, courageous, wise, generous, and connected. Beautiful to watch. Alive.
Click here to see the content Jon Thorne draws on when speaking at conferences and practicing for his TEDx St Albans talk.
- No trials, No squads, No Ego's.
- Younger teenagers. Mixed. All ability.
- 6 to 7pm. Loreto College (St Albans), AL1 3RQ
- There is a big "ish" with age. 11 is ok, if it works for the player.
- The easiest way to pay us using the app which you can get by going to your phone's app store, search for wix.com app called Spaces. Download. And then enter this code QTKFDS
- Don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We have free tickets. Contact jon.thorne@LifeSkills21.club you don't need to explain - He will just give you the code.
What players and parents think
- We went to the most amazing basketball session in Hemel at Longdean school. My son is autistic and has ADHD he struggles to follow instruction and is extremely demand avoidant. This session took all the barriers away for my son and he had the most amazing time, his words “I loved it”. Well worth checking out
- A young players - "I like Jon’s sessions because instead of telling us what to do we all just work it out ourselves"
- A parent - "It’s refreshing to see someone run a sports session with a focus on kindness and flexibility instead of adherence to set patterns based on traditional ways of learning. We have always been made to feel welcome and encouraged to participate and my children gain confidence by being part of something that requires teamwork. As an observer, I enjoy seeing the players thinking about not just themselves but the whole team. It’s not about just playing ball, it’s about creative thinking, consideration of others and teamwork"
- Ticket type
Pay what you want
Please, don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We are a social enterprise. Or, pay more as a donation.PricePay what you want
- Ticket type
Lets play ball
We are a social enterprise. We use all profits to give those who are excluded or vulnerable to social exclusion a free experience of playing sports and games where everyone set's each other up to succeed. Where everyone constantly imagines other ways. Where everyone uses mistakes to find what is next and grow. Experiences to build a belief that they are not stuck as they are now. Thank you. Contact jon.thorne@LifeSkills21.club to get a free ticketPrice£7.50