Sun, 09 Jul|
Bushey Grove Leisure Centre
Younger Teenager - All ability - Mixed - Bushey (49)
We play to grow the 3rd skill for all-round excellence.
Time & Location
09 Jul 2023, 18:00 – 19:05
Bushey Grove Leisure Centre, Aldenham Rd, Bushey WD23 2TD, UK
About the event
Games Coaching gives everyone opportunities to play to learn the forgotten 3rd skill. It encourages everyone to play games without using superior technical and athletic skills and play to connect their thinking and movement to co-create something - we can't yet see - from the space between us. To switch between making our own micro decisions and a mind's eye helicopter view of the space between us. We unearth our inner Roger Federer, Lionel Messi, Richie McCaw, and Steph Curry to find a way we can’t yet see. When we know we can find a way - even if - especially if - we can’t yet see it - we relax, connect, flow, play, laugh, include, and accept. The world is a better place.
- Our Games Coaches all belong to their governing body called GamesCoaching.ORG
- All ability Mixed. No trials, No squads. Players are not allowed to constantly impose any superiority they have in the first two skills. We play to learn the 3rd skill.
- 6 to 7pm. Bushey Grove Leisure Centre, WD23 2TD
- 13+ - Mixed - All ability.
- There is a big "ish" with age. 11 is ok, if it works for the player.
- Full court
- The easiest way to pay us using the app which you can get by going to your phone's app store, search for wix.com app called Spaces. Download. And then enter this code QTKFDS
- Don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We have a pay what you want option.
What players and parents think
- We went to the most amazing basketball session in Hemel at Longdean school. My son is autistic and has ADHD he struggles to follow instruction and is extremely demand avoidant. This session took all the barriers away for my son and he had the most amazing time, his words “I loved it”. Well worth checking out
- A young players - "I like Jon’s sessions because instead of telling us what to do we all just work it out ourselves"
- A parent - "It’s refreshing to see someone run a sports session with a focus on kindness and flexibility instead of adherence to set patterns based on traditional ways of learning. We have always been made to feel welcome and encouraged to participate and my children gain confidence by being part of something that requires teamwork. As an observer, I enjoy seeing the players thinking about not just themselves but the whole team. It’s not about just playing ball, it’s about creative thinking, consideration of others and teamwork"
Lets play ball
We are a social enterprise. We use all profits to give those who are excluded or vulnerable to social exclusion a free experience of playing sports and games where everyone set's each other up to succeed. Where everyone constantly imagines other ways. Where everyone uses mistakes to find what is next and grow. Experiences to build a belief that they are not stuck as they are now. Thank you. Contact jon.thorne@LifeSkills21.club to get a free ticket£7.50
Pay what you want
Please, don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We are a social enterprise. Or, pay more as a donation.Pay what you want