Sun, 02 Jul|
Bushey Grove Leisure Centre
Younger Teenager - All ability - Mixed - Bushey (48)
We play to grow the 3rd skill for all-round excellence.
Time & Location
02 Jul 2023, 18:00 – 19:05
Bushey Grove Leisure Centre, Aldenham Rd, Bushey WD23 2TD, UK
About the event
We might not have Steph Curry's technical and athletic skills - but we can learn the 3rd skill to co-create something out of the space between us. To dance with space to create something out of nothing - that we can’t yet see. Players are encouraged to not use superior technical and athletic skills and play to manipulate space by ...
- Making a micro decision without knowing what will happen.
- In the mind's eye - go to a helicopter view and see how the micro decision impacted the space.
- Take what we see in our minds eye into account and make another micro decision.
When we are good at doing this an effortless flow, rhythm, and pattern emerges as we achieve something we can't yet see. When everyone in a space has the 3rd skill - micro decisions ripple across players in a dance of space. It is beautiful to watch and play. A sense of - a feeling of - connection emerges. A timeless calmness.
- Our Games Coaches all belong to their governing body called GamesCoaching.ORG
- All ability Mixed. No trials, No squads. Players are not allowed to constantly impose any superiority they have in the first two skills. We play to learn the 3rd skill.
- 6 to 7pm. Bushey Grove Leisure Centre, WD23 2TD
- 13+ - Mixed - All ability.
- There is a big "ish" with age. 11 is ok, if it works for the player.
- Full court
- The easiest way to pay us using the app which you can get by going to your phone's app store, search for wix.com app called Spaces. Download. And then enter this code QTKFDS
- Don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We have a pay what you want option.
What players and parents think
- We went to the most amazing basketball session in Hemel at Longdean school. My son is autistic and has ADHD he struggles to follow instruction and is extremely demand avoidant. This session took all the barriers away for my son and he had the most amazing time, his words “I loved it”. Well worth checking out
- A young players - "I like Jon’s sessions because instead of telling us what to do we all just work it out ourselves"
- A parent - "It’s refreshing to see someone run a sports session with a focus on kindness and flexibility instead of adherence to set patterns based on traditional ways of learning. We have always been made to feel welcome and encouraged to participate and my children gain confidence by being part of something that requires teamwork. As an observer, I enjoy seeing the players thinking about not just themselves but the whole team. It’s not about just playing ball, it’s about creative thinking, consideration of others and teamwork"
Lets play ball
We are a social enterprise. We use all profits to give those who are excluded or vulnerable to social exclusion a free experience of playing sports and games where everyone set's each other up to succeed. Where everyone constantly imagines other ways. Where everyone uses mistakes to find what is next and grow. Experiences to build a belief that they are not stuck as they are now. Thank you. Contact jon.thorne@LifeSkills21.club to get a free ticket£7.50
Pay what you want
Please, don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We are a social enterprise. Or, pay more as a donation.Pay what you want