Sun, 30 Oct|
Bushey Grove Leisure Centre
Younger Teenager - All ability - Mixed - Bushey (19)
We use Games Coaching to provide a different way to improve
Time & Location
30 Oct 2022, 18:00 – 19:00
Bushey Grove Leisure Centre, Aldenham Rd, Bushey WD23 2TD, UK
About the event
- 6 to 7pm. Bushey Grove Leisure Centre, WD23 2TD
- 13+ - Mixed - All ability.
- There is a big "ish" with age. 11 is ok, if it works for the player.
- Full court
Any questions contact me on jon.thorne@Lifeskills21.club
About Games Coaching
The more we prepare - by practicing the details - the more our brains filter out - so that we are not distracted by - the space framed by obstacles. Unlike birds - we can’t fly through trees because we can’t see the space framed by the branches - we see only the branches and so fly into them. It gets worse - the more we fly into the branches the more we practice to become better at flying into the branches. Games coaching is about playing games to learn how to use obstacles to frame the space into which we flow.
It is accepted by many experts that both autism and depression can involve an over-focus on the details and the loss of the context - the whole - of what is going on. A sort of context blindness. Games coaching gives everyone a practical - piecemeal - no fuzz - not overthought - experience of seeing what is possible when we let go of the details and freely move in a wider space.
What players and parents think
- We went to the most amazing basketball session in Hemel at Longdean school. My son is autistic and has ADHD he struggles to follow instruction and is extremely demand avoidant. This session took all the barriers away for my son and he had the most amazing time, his words “I loved it”. Well worth checking out
- A young players - "I like Jon’s sessions because instead of telling us what to do we all just work it out ourselves"
- A parent - "It’s refreshing to see someone run a sports session with a focus on kindness and flexibility instead of adherence to set patterns based on traditional ways of learning. We have always been made to feel welcome and encouraged to participate and my children gain confidence by being part of something that requires teamwork. As an observer, I enjoy seeing the players thinking about not just themselves but the whole team. It’s not about just playing ball, it’s about creative thinking, consideration of others and teamwork"
It is easier to book on using our app which you can get by going to your phone's app store, search for wix.com app called Spaces. Download. And then enter this code QTKFDS
Don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We have free tickets. Contact the help centre and we will give you a code to get free tickets.
Lets play ball
We are a social enterprise. We use all profits to give those who are excluded or vulnerable to social exclusion a free experience of playing sports and games where everyone set's each other up to succeed. Where everyone constantly imagines other ways. Where everyone uses mistakes to find what is next and grow. Experiences to build a belief that they are not stuck as they are now. Thank you. Contact jon.thorne@LifeSkills21.club to get a free ticket£7.50
Pay it forward
This "Pay it forward" ticket gives someone a free ticket to this event. They are typically people who suffer social exclusion because they think differently. They use our events to grow a belief in themselves that they can live a life of their making free from a fear of not being good enough in the eyes of others. Thank you!£7.50
Pay what you want
Please, don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We are a social enterprise. Or, pay more as a donation.Pay what you want