Sun, 23 Oct|
Bushey Grove Leisure Centre
Younger Teenager - All ability - Mixed - Bushey (18)
We use Games Coaching to offer a different way to enjoy the fellowship that comes from playing games to find different ways to improve - that we often get from a sports club - but without the pressure to make fewer mistakes
Time & Location
23 Oct 2022, 18:00 – 19:00
Bushey Grove Leisure Centre, Aldenham Rd, Bushey WD23 2TD, UK
About the event
- 6 to 7pm. Bushey Grove Leisure Centre, WD23 2TD
- 13+ - Mixed - All ability.
- There is a big "ish" with age. 11 is ok, if it works for the player.
- Full court
Any questions contact me on jon.thorne@Lifeskills21.club
About Games Coaching
A winning mindset - growth mindset - wellbeing mindset - all use the brain the way science says is the best way. That’s to make good judgments on when to overcome obstacles by improving our ability to execute what everyone knows works - and - when to use obstacles to frame the space into which we flow. Our systems of education are almost solely based on “improving our ability to execute what everyone knows works”. This is why many of us can’t have the winning mindset, the growth mindset, or the wellbeing mindset because we don’t know how to see the space framed by obstacles. Unlike birds - we can’t fly through trees because we can’t see the space framed by the branches - we see only the branches and so fly into them. It gets worse - the more we fly into the branches the more we practice to become better at flying into the branches. This is a losing mindset, a fixed mindset, an unhealthy mindset. Games coaching is about playing games to learn how to use obstacles to frame the space into which we flow. Click here to see a video on how obstacles frame space.
What players and parents think
- We went to the most amazing basketball session in Hemel at Longdean school. My son is autistic and has ADHD he struggles to follow instruction and is extremely demand avoidant. This session took all the barriers away for my son and he had the most amazing time, his words “I loved it”. Well worth checking out
- A young players - "I like Jon’s sessions because instead of telling us what to do we all just work it out ourselves"
- A parent - "It’s refreshing to see someone run a sports session with a focus on kindness and flexibility instead of adherence to set patterns based on traditional ways of learning. We have always been made to feel welcome and encouraged to participate and my children gain confidence by being part of something that requires teamwork. As an observer, I enjoy seeing the players thinking about not just themselves but the whole team. It’s not about just playing ball, it’s about creative thinking, consideration of others and teamwork"
It is easier to book on using our app which you can get by going to your phone's app store, search for wix.com app called Spaces. Download. And then enter this code QTKFDS
Don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We have free tickets. Contact the help centre and we will give you a code to get free tickets.
- Ticket type
Lets play ball
We are a social enterprise. We use all profits to give those who are excluded or vulnerable to social exclusion a free experience of playing sports and games where everyone set's each other up to succeed. Where everyone constantly imagines other ways. Where everyone uses mistakes to find what is next and grow. Experiences to build a belief that they are not stuck as they are now. Thank you. Contact jon.thorne@LifeSkills21.club to get a free ticketPrice£7.50
- Ticket type
Pay it forward
This "Pay it forward" ticket gives someone a free ticket to this event. They are typically people who suffer social exclusion because they think differently. They use our events to grow a belief in themselves that they can live a life of their making free from a fear of not being good enough in the eyes of others. Thank you!Price£7.50
- Ticket type
Pay what you want
Please, don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We are a social enterprise. Or, pay more as a donation.PricePay what you want