Tue, 04 Oct|
Longdean Sports Space
Our most inclusive, gentle, Neurodiverse sessions of them all @ Hemel (9)
We play for the fun of it. And be more free-thinking. More openly imaginative. And we use our brains in the most effective way and figure out new ways to push the boundaries of our potential. A warm welcome is guaranteed.
Time & Location
04 Oct 2022, 18:00 – 05 Oct 2022, 19:00
Longdean Sports Space, HP3 8JH
About the event
This is our most inclusive and gentle session of them all. This is why we do what we do!!!!
Instead of sports coaches correcting mistakes in following instructions - Player play games - and Games Coaches - give players in the game - different ideas to experiment with to discover new ways to be more than they thought they could be.
- Become free-thinking, and openly imaginative as they self-organise to solve the puzzle of a given moment of a game.
- Players diversify their thinking to find new ways to push the boundaries of their potential - To be better than they yet know; and
- We laugh. A lot.
Please note: This session is open to everyone. It is the session with the most diverse range of differently wired brains - which is why everyone is welcome and why we call Spectrum. Which triggers me to share the latest terminology being used. Science says we all rewire the neural circuitry of our brains to better suit our personal circumstances. We are all different, living different lives, so it is natural for us all to think differently. We are all meant to be neurodiverse from each other. Neurodivergent is the new term for those of us who are sufficiently differently wired from those around us - we stick out. In this session, we either all stick out or there is no "normal" from which to stick out from.
- 6 to 7pm.
- It is at Longdeam Sportspace, 10 minutes from Westminster Lodge. The entrance is not via Longdean school. There is a separate entrance that you can only find by just putting the post code in - HP3 8JH - off Hill Common. The easiest way is to use “What3Words” and they are ///guard.forks.fries
- There is a big "ish" with age. If it works for the player it works for us.
- Full court
Any questions contact me on jon.thorne@Lifeskills21.club
Firstly, we are all on the spectrum and we have created the concept of Games Coaching. Why? It is our experience that most Sports Coaches are taught to teach players “how” to play. This requires coaches to correct mistakes players make in following the coach's instructions. ADHD and instruction following never really worked for us. So we created another way. Players play games - and Games Coaches - give players in the game - different ideas to experiment with to discover new ways to be more than they thought they could be. Games Coaching helps everyone develop their in-game knowledge. This helps because an over-reliance on our "knowledge-of" a sport (the task specific expertise, tactical responsibilities, and rules) often results in us overthinking. We can fear making too many mistakes. We can be too mechanical, too predictable, and too serious as we cap our potential to our ability to be perfect. Games Coaching provides a different way for everyone to improve at sports and other physical activities. A different way to find new ways to push the boundaries of their potential.
Please note that NeuroDiverseGamesCoaching.ORG is not currently associated with, connected to, or affiliated with any sports governing bodies. NeuroDiverse Games Coaching helps everyone to play games in the space between all the sports clubs. We don’t enter teams into any competitions run by any sports governing bodies. Sports clubs are welcome to attend sessions to recruit creative agile-thinking players to play in their teams. Clubs are also welcome to send players to our sessions to develop their in-game knowledge to find new ways to push the boundaries of their potential.
What players and parents think
- We went to the most amazing basketball session in Hemel at Longdean school. My son is autistic and has ADHD he struggles to follow instruction and is extremely demand avoidant. This session took all the barriers away for my son and he had the most amazing time, his words “I loved it”. Well worth checking out
- A young players - "I like Jon’s sessions because instead of telling us what to do we all just work it out ourselves"
- A parent - "It’s refreshing to see someone run a sports session with a focus on kindness and flexibility instead of adherence to set patterns based on traditional ways of learning. We have always been made to feel welcome and encouraged to participate and my children gain confidence by being part of something that requires teamwork. As an observer, I enjoy seeing the players thinking about not just themselves but the whole team. It’s not about just playing ball, it’s about creative thinking, consideration of others and teamwork"
It is easier to book on using our app which you can get by going to your phone's app store, search for wix.com app called Spaces. Download. And then enter this code QTKFDS
Don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We have free tickets. Contact jon.thorne@LifeSkills21.club you don't need to explain - He will just give you the code.
Lets play ball
We are a social enterprise. We use all profits to give those who are excluded or vulnerable to social exclusion a free experience of playing sports and games where everyone set's each other up to succeed. Where everyone constantly imagines other ways. Where everyone uses mistakes to find what is next and grow. Experiences to build a belief that they are not stuck as they are now. Thank you. Contact jon.thorne@LifeSkills21.club to get a free ticket£7.50
Pay it forward
This "Pay it forward" ticket gives someone a free ticket to this event. They are typically people who suffer social exclusion because they think differently. They use our events to grow a belief in themselves that they can live a life of their making free from a fear of not being good enough in the eyes of others. Thank you!£7.50
Pay what you want
Please, don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We are a social enterprise. Or, pay more as a donation.Pay what you want