Tue, 06 Sept|
Our most inclusive, gentle, Neurodiverse sessions of them all @ Hemel (5)
We play for the fun of it. And be more free-thinking. More openly imaginative. And we use our brains in the most effective way and figure out new ways to push the boundaries of our potential. A warm welcome is guaranteed.
Time & Location
06 Sept 2022, 18:00 – 19:00
Longdean, HP3 8JH
About the event
This is our most inclusive and gentle session of them all. This is why we do what we do!!!!
We play for the fun of it. For connection and to contribute to each other's success.
NeuroDiverse Games Coaches help players to be free-thinking, and openly imaginative. Players are encouraged to try different things and if they don't work to diversify their thinking to find other ways. Players are kind to each other. They let each other make mistakes. We all figure out new ways to push the boundaries of our potential.
- 6 to 7pm.
- It is at Longdean School, 10 minutes from Westminster Lodge - but the entrance is not the school. There is a separate entrance that you can only find by just putting the post code in - and nothing else - HP3 8JH - or it takes you the main school entrance. The easiest way is to use “What3Words” and they are ///guard.forks.fries
- There is a big "ish" with age. If it works for the player it works for us.
- Full court
Any questions contact me on jon.thorne@Lifeskills21.club
When we are over-reliant on our "knowledge-of" a sport (the task specific expertise, tactical responsibilities, and rules) we overthink. We fear mistakes. We are too mechanical, too predictable, and too serious.
Our Games Coaching helps players grow their ‘knowledge-in’ game. To be more free-thinking. More openly imaginative. When an action doesn't work - diversify their thinking - to find another way. To self-organise and work out how to adapt to solve the puzzle of what is happening in each given moment as a game unfolds. To use their brain in the most effective way to figure out new ways to push the boundaries of their potential. A warm welcome is guaranteed.
Please note : We don’t enter teams into any competitions run by any sports governing bodies. Sports clubs are welcome to attend sessions to recruit creative agile-thinking players to play in their teams. Clubs are also welcome to send players to our sessions to figure out new ways to push the boundaries of their potential. Please note that NeuroDiverseGamesCoaching.ORG is not currently associated with, connected to, or affiliated with any sports governing bodies. NeuroDiverse Games Coaching helps everyone to play games in the space between all the sports clubs.
What players and parents think
- We went to the most amazing basketball session in Hemel at Longdean school. My son is autistic and has ADHD he struggles to follow instruction and is extremely demand avoidant. This session took all the barriers away for my son and he had the most amazing time, his words “I loved it”. Well worth checking out
- A young players - "I like Jon’s sessions because instead of telling us what to do we all just work it out ourselves"
- A parent - "It’s refreshing to see someone run a sports session with a focus on kindness and flexibility instead of adherence to set patterns based on traditional ways of learning. We have always been made to feel welcome and encouraged to participate and my children gain confidence by being part of something that requires teamwork. As an observer, I enjoy seeing the players thinking about not just themselves but the whole team. It’s not about just playing ball, it’s about creative thinking, consideration of others and teamwork"
It is easier to book on using our app which you can get by going to your phone's app store, search for wix.com app called Spaces. Download. And then enter this code QTKFDS
Don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We free tickets. Contact jon.thorne@LifeSkills21.club you don't need to explain - He will just give you the code.
- Ticket type
Lets play ball
We are a social enterprise. We use all profits to give those who are excluded or vulnerable to social exclusion a free experience of playing sports and games where everyone set's each other up to succeed. Where everyone constantly imagines other ways. Where everyone uses mistakes to find what is next and grow. Experiences to build a belief that they are not stuck as they are now. Thank you. Contact jon.thorne@LifeSkills21.club to get a free ticketPrice£7.50
- Ticket type
Pay it forward
This "Pay it forward" ticket gives someone a free ticket to this event. They are typically people who suffer social exclusion because they think differently. They use our events to grow a belief in themselves that they can live a life of their making free from a fear of not being good enough in the eyes of others. Thank you!Price£7.50
- Ticket type
Pay what you want
Please, don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We are a social enterprise. Or, pay more as a donation.PricePay what you want