Tue, 15 Nov|
Longdean Sports Space
Our most inclusive, gentle, Neurodiverse sessions of them all @ Hemel (14)
Games Coaching is a different way to improve
Time & Location
15 Nov 2022, 18:00 – 19:05
Longdean Sports Space, HP3 8JH
About the event
Games Coaching is built on 10 years of experience of Jon Thorne (ADHD, dyslexic dad) - home-educating Josh and Arran - his ADHD and dyslexic children supported by a loving wife and mum.
- 6 to 7pm.
- It is at Longdeam Sportspace. The entrance is not via Longdean school. There is a separate entrance that you can only find by just putting the post code in - HP3 8JH - off Hill Common. The easiest way is to use “What3Words” and they are ///guard.forks.fries
- There is a big "ish" with age. If it works for the player it works for us.
- Full court
Any questions contact me on jon.thorne@Lifeskills21.club
What is Games Coaching
Games Coaching is for those who want to improve but don't like, don't want, or who can't see how more Sports Coaching to get more control of the controllable - will help them win more games. Players learn to be less anxious when they can't control what is happening and relax into agile, fluid, creative, joyful, entertaining, flowing thinkers and movers who find different ways to get different results
Why Games Coaching
When we try to win by controlling what we can control - and the opposition stops us - we are in an uncontrolled game. We lose if we can't regain control. Games Coaching helps players win when they don't have control - by thinking in a fluid way to get a result from the uncontrollable - before the uncontrollable gets out of hand.
How Games Coaching works
Games Coaching is about giving players experiences of using their fluid thinking to get a result in a game they can't control.
Games Coaches generate a dynamic set of obstacles that impact what players want to do. Players are stopped from trying to control the obstacles - and helped to lift themselves out of the detail - to see the wider context - the bigger picture of what is going on around them - and flow through the space between obstacles to discover different ways to get different results when nobody knows what is going happen.
Games Coaching needs uncontrolled games to coach fluid thinking - so we are diverse, not inclusive. We want a diverse range of players in terms of age and ability, with pay-as-you-go to ensure different players turn up each week, to try different ways to combine their diverse range of abilities to do more than we all imagine. Only those who always seek to control are excluded. It's why we have no trials, no squads, and no leagues. We play for the joy of improving our ability to think in a fluid way.
Click here to see a video that explains why Games Coaching is particularly useful for those on the Autistic spectrum.
What players and parents think
- We went to the most amazing basketball session in Hemel at Longdean school. My son is autistic and has ADHD he struggles to follow instruction and is extremely demand avoidant. This session took all the barriers away for my son and he had the most amazing time, his words “I loved it”. Well worth checking out
- A young player - "I like Jon’s sessions because instead of telling us what to do we all just work it out ourselves"
- A parent - "It’s refreshing to see someone run a sports session with a focus on kindness and flexibility instead of adherence to set patterns based on traditional ways of learning. We have always been made to feel welcome and encouraged to participate and my children gain confidence by being part of something that requires teamwork. As an observer, I enjoy seeing the players thinking about not just themselves but the whole team. It’s not about just playing ball, it’s about creative thinking, consideration of others and teamwork"
It is easier to book on using our app which you can get by going to your phone's app store, search for wix.com app called Spaces. Download. And then enter this code QTKFDS
Don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We have free tickets. Contact jon.thorne@LifeSkills21.club you don't need to explain - He will just give you the code.
Lets play ball
We are a social enterprise. We use all profits to give those who are excluded or vulnerable to social exclusion a free experience of playing sports and games where everyone set's each other up to succeed. Where everyone constantly imagines other ways. Where everyone uses mistakes to find what is next and grow. Experiences to build a belief that they are not stuck as they are now. Thank you. Contact jon.thorne@LifeSkills21.club to get a free ticket£7.50
Pay what you want
Please, don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We are a social enterprise. Or, pay more as a donation.Pay what you want