Thu, 06 Jul|
Longdean Sports Space HP3 8JH
League level (39)
We play to grow the forgotten 3rd skill - Space Manipulation
Time & Location
06 Jul 2023, 20:30 – 21:35
Longdean Sports Space HP3 8JH
About the event
Games Coaching encourages players to not use superior technical and athletic skills and play to grow the 3rd skill. To play to connect our thinking and our movement to co-create something - we can't yet see - from the space between us. When we have the 3rd skill we know they can find a way - even if - especially if - we can’t yet see it. We unearth our inner Steph Curry.
Players make their own micro decision without knowing what will happen. Then switch to their mind's eye to a helicopter view - to see how their micro decisions impacted the space between everyone. And then make another micro decision. And so on. Micro decisions ripple across the team as everyone connects their thinking and their movement to co-create something - we can’t yet - from the space between us. It’s a calming, slowing, feeling of meaningful connection as an effortless, flowing, rhythmic, pattern emerges where we achieve something we can't yet see.
- Our Games Coaches all belong to their governing body called GamesCoaching.ORG
- No trials, No squads, No Ego's. Players are not allowed to constantly impose any superiority they have in the first two skills. We play to learn the 3rd skill.
- 16+ League level. Mixed.
- 8.30pm to 9.30pm
- It is at Longdean Sports Centre. https://goo.gl/maps/fuLVP231RfcRCvXo6 The entrance is not via Longdean school. There is a separate entrance that you can only find by just putting the post code in - HP3 8JH - off Hill Common. The easiest way is to use “What3Words” and they are ///guard.forks.fries
- 16+ - Mixed - League Level - club and no club players are welcome. If you are not sure if you are league-level, just come down and watch, start off with an all-ability session, or contact the help centre.
- The easiest way to pay us using the app which you can get by going to your phone's app store, search for wix.com app called Spaces. Download. And then enter this code QTKFDS
- Don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We have free tickets. Contact jon.thorne@LifeSkills21.club you don't need to explain - He will just give you the code.
What the players say
"They are fun. They are stress free. Jon - has a way of teaching that I don't feel I am are being told what to do. I am encouraged to make my own choices and then supported with the decisions I make. There is no wrong decision. Only learning opportunities. Jon always finds a way to make feedback constructive and positive to help me make my own evaluations about my performance and how I can improve. He is supportive while pushing you to always be better and reach maximum potential".
Lets play ball
We are a social enterprise. We use all profits to give those who are excluded or vulnerable to social exclusion a free experience of playing sports and games where everyone set's each other up to succeed. Where everyone constantly imagines other ways. Where everyone uses mistakes to find what is next and grow. Experiences to build a belief that they are not stuck as they are now. Thank you. Contact jon.thorne@LifeSkills21.club to get a free ticket£7.50
Pay what you want
Please, don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We are a social enterprise. Or, pay more as a donation.Pay what you want