Sat, 08 Jul|
Loreto College, St Albans
All ability - Adult - St Albans (2)
Play to grow the forgotten 3rd skill
Time & Location
08 Jul 2023, 19:00 – 20:05
Loreto College, St Albans, Loreto College, St Albans, Hatfield Road, St Albans Hertfordshire AL1 3RQ
About the event
Games Coaching encourages players to not use superior technical and athletic skills and play to grow the 3rd skill. We unearth our inner Steph Curry.
Players make their own micro decision without knowing what will happen. Then switch to their mind's eye to a helicopter view - to see how their micro decisions impacted the space between everyone. And then make another micro decision. And so on. Micro decisions ripple across the team as everyone connects their thinking and their movement to co-create something - we can’t yet - from the space between us. It’s a calming, slowing, feeling of meaningful connection as an effortless, flowing, rhythmic, pattern emerges where we achieve something we can't yet see.
- 7 to 8pm. Loreto College, St Albans, Hatfield Road, St Albans Hertfordshire AL1 3RQ
- Our Games Coaches all belong to their governing body called GamesCoaching.ORG
- All ability Mixed. No trials, No squads.Players are not allowed to constantly impose any superiority they have in the first two skills. We play to learn the 3rd skill.
- It's a shrunken court. About 5 meters shorter. This makes it more about manipulating space and less about athletic ability. Less running. perfect if you have not played for a while.
- Don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We ask for £7.50 but you are welcome to pay what you want.
What the players say
"They are fun. They are stress free. Jon - has a way of teaching that I don't feel I am are being told what to do. I am encouraged to make my own choices and then supported with the decisions I make. There is no wrong decision. Only learning opportunities. Jon always finds a way to make feedback constructive and positive to help me make my own evaluations about my performance and how I can improve. He is supportive while pushing you to always be better and reach maximum potential".
Lets play ball
We are a social enterprise. We use all profits to give those who are excluded or vulnerable to social exclusion a free experience of playing sports and games where everyone set's each other up to succeed. Where everyone constantly imagines other ways. Where everyone uses mistakes to find what is next and grow. Experiences to build a belief that they are not stuck as they are now. Thank you. Contact jon.thorne@LifeSkills21.club to get a free tickets£7.50
Pay what you want
Please, don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We are a social enterprise. Or, pay more as a donation.Pay what you want