Sat, 11 Nov|
Loreto College, St Albans
All ability - Adult - St Albans (10)
We play basketball to heighten our spatial awareness and timing.
Time & Location
11 Nov 2023, 19:00 – 20:05
Loreto College, St Albans, Loreto College, St Albans, Hatfield Road, St Albans Hertfordshire AL1 3RQ
About the event
We play basketball to heighten Spatial Awareness and Timing.
When you heighten your spatial awareness and timing you have another way to improve at all sports by ...
- Creating more space and time to better execute a technical skill;
- Playing in a team that phases their movement through the space between opponents - generating options - to score or deny a score;
- Staying open to options. The ability to pause and adjust between tasks - prevents small issues - from turning into big problems. An essential skill to navigating our world when nothing in it is making sense.
- 7 to 8pm. Loreto College, St Albans, Hatfield Road, St Albans Hertfordshire AL1 3RQ
- It's a shrunken court. About 5 meters shorter. This makes it more about manipulating space and less about athletic ability. Less running. perfect if you have not played for a while.
- Don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We ask for £7.50 but you are welcome to pay what you want.
What the players say
"They are fun. They are stress free. Jon - has a way of teaching that I don't feel I am are being told what to do. I am encouraged to make my own choices and then supported with the decisions I make. There is no wrong decision. Only learning opportunities. Jon always finds a way to make feedback constructive and positive to help me make my own evaluations about my performance and how I can improve. He is supportive while pushing you to always be better and reach maximum potential".
Lets play ball
We are a social enterprise. We use all profits to give those who are excluded or vulnerable to social exclusion a free experience of playing sports and games where everyone set's each other up to succeed. Where everyone constantly imagines other ways. Where everyone uses mistakes to find what is next and grow. Experiences to build a belief that they are not stuck as they are now. Thank you. Contact jon.thorne@LifeSkills21.club to get a free tickets£7.50
Pay what you want
Please, don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We are a social enterprise. Or, pay more as a donation.Pay what you want
Pay it forward
This is buying a ticket for someone else play. We never let money stop people from playing.£7.50